Sunday, February 18, 2007

Grrl Pirate Reading


This Thursday, February 22nd I will be reading as part of the launch festivities for Kiss Machine's latest installment of the comic Violet Miranda: Girl Pirate.

I'll be reading some of my female pirate poems from my first book, The Dagger Between Her Teeth, and the band Pirate Honeymoon will also perform. Rumour has it that free grog and tattoos will abound, as well as prizes for the best-dressed pirates...

The festivities will take place at Babel Books and Music at 123 Ossington (just north of Queen West), Toronto 7 - 9 pm. Free.

This promises to be a rockin' fun time, and I'm looking forward to reading some of my old poems again. So come and check out the new issue of Violet Miranda, and celebrate grrl pirates, real and fictional!



1 Comments:

At 8:58 p.m., Blogger Kate S. said...

I'm looking forward to it, though I'm making no promises about pirate costumes...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home