Friday, June 09, 2006

Unabashed Self-Indulgent Gemini

It's my birthday and I'll self-indulge if I want to... !

Jhann inspired me with a list of highlights from the past year and I'm going to build on that today. Here are my favourite moments or events since this time last year:

Today I'm going to basically just read and eat and maybe download some more of Da Ali G Show clips. I'm reading Case Histories by Kate Atkinson - Kate gave me this book a couple of birthdays ago and I've finally gotten to it! So far it's pretty good, and dark in an A. M. Holmes sort of way. It's too soon to say more than that about it. Then out for tempura and Sapporo tonight, a field trip to Chris B's boat tomorrow, followed by bbq and imbibing. I have a few other Gemini pals, so it looks like the excuses to celebrate will extend at least until Canada Day.

Cheers.

I CAN JAPAN by Miranda July. (she put out a few experimental narrative audio cds before her feature film last year, and they're disturbingly brilliant. I first encountered them about five years ago on Brave New Waves, when I had a really high fever...perfect way to question your perceptions!)

2 Comments:

At 7:35 p.m., Blogger Kate S. said...

Happy birthday! I thought you were going to be out of town on your birthday. If you're here, why aren't we celebrating en masse? Then again, I'm all in favour of extending festivities through the birthday month, so plenty of time yet to lift a glass to you!

 
At 7:47 p.m., Blogger j-love said...

Well, the North Bay plan fell through at the last minute, so I'm making alternate birthday arrangements! If nothing else, I'm reading at the Canuck poet night Tuesday June 13th at Art Bar, so we could imbibe afterward...

I'm really digging Case Histories by the way, thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home