Friday, September 08, 2006

Borat - Make Glorious Red Carpet in Toronto

Despite not having a ticket for the Borat movie, Teresa and I went down to the Ryerson Theatre to observe the shenanigans that accompanied Sacha Baron Cohen's Toronto screening of his Borat feature.

Hilarious!

Yes, he came down the red carpet in a donkey cart, with one real (trembling) donkey, hauled by four grim-looking "peasant women." Yes, he was fully in character. I'm not sure which was more amusing, Borat, or the Borat fans.

My prints turned out really well, but I haven't mastered Photoshop well enough to have great jpgs, but here's what I have for you.

I also have some digital video, in which you can hear one fan yelling "I am #4 prostitute!" (for non-Ali-G-afficianados, it's an episode reference/joke.)

My only disappointment is that I didn't see anyone dressed up as Borat. I saw a few Khazakstan flag-wavers, one Ali-G lookalike, but no one in a big fake moustache or horrible "mankini." If I were a guy, and a rabid fan desparate for a ticket, I would've dressed up. Instead, I just took pictures and laughed my head off.

Working for TIFF has been, so far, pretty fun.

I have three short digital video clips too, but I haven't sorted out how to upload those on Blogger.com. Any experts reading with some tips for me?

Cheers.

1 Comments:

At 5:05 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet Borat. In your pictures it looks like he was wearing makeup...or he has TB. Great shot of the wonderfully depressed looking cart-pulling-ladies. Sexy time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home