Sunday, November 05, 2006

From the Stacks

I'm taking up the From the Stacks Winter Challenge, which is to read five books from your pile or shelf of unread books between now and the end of January. No new books, no library books - the idea is to tackle the ones that you've been meaning to get to...


So here are my choices from my shelves:

Looking for the Possible Dance - A.L. Kennedy
Mary - Vladimir Nabokov
The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie - Muriel Spark
The Waves - Virginia Woolf
Spelling Mississippi - Marnie Woodrow

First I have to read Stolen by Annette Lapointe, because it's aleady out from the library. THEN I'll start the challenge.

I just finished Halfway House by Katherine Noel - a very moving and realistic novel about a young woman diagnosed as bipolar, and the impact on herself and those around her. Each chapter was told from a different character's point of view, which is difficult to pull off successfully, but for the most part, it worked. It was an emotionally draining book at times, but worth it.

1 Comments:

At 3:30 p.m., Blogger LK said...

This is a great list. I think I may have to borrow some to add to my TBR. You go!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home