Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Leafs Season Opener!

Miraculously, I got a ticket to the Leafs' season opener game against the Ottawa Senators tomorrow! Thanks, Shawna! Very exciting. I don't know how things will fare, and as far as Toronto Maple Leafs' recent history goes, regular season and playoffs season are two distinctly different animals... but it's always a thrill to be in the audience at an NHL game, and it's been at least two years for me, so I'm excited.

For the handful of regular readers here, I apologize for my lack of posts lately, and lack of bookish content. I've been recently blown away by a brilliant novel, and have struggled with how to articulate my praise... maybe I should just say 'read Jeffrey Moore's The Memory Artists' and I'll tell you why later. God, it's so good. It's beyond writer-envy this time, and I recommend it to almost everyone I talk with. I just got his earlier novel today, and I'm looking forward to it. But right now, I just can't see how much would top The Memory Artists and I want to re-read it before anything else these days. More later on how it expanded my parameters of structural preoccupations...

Cheers.

2 Comments:

At 10:22 p.m., Blogger Kate S. said...

I've heard lots of great things about The Memory Artists. It's one of the books that I keep checking out of the library, then having to return before I manage to read it. With your glowing endorsement added to the chorus of praise, I will have to make it top priority next time I get my hands on a copy!

 
At 2:10 p.m., Blogger LK said...

Sounds like another TBR.

Have fun at the game. I like the Maple Leaf logos. They are so pretty. (Yep, I am such a sports fanatic, I evaluate uniforms.)

Go, Oakland As and Go Cardinals!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home