Saturday, November 11, 2006

Small Press Book Fair

Tomorrow, Sunday November 12th, is Day Two of the Toronto Small Press Book Fair!

I'm not sure what to expect from this year; it's the first time (that I'm aware of) that it's been split into two separate days. Half the presses are there today, and the other half is on tomorrow. I guess that means we're effectively splitting our potential total attendence in half too - unless people want to come by on both days, which would surprise me.

It's also in a different location this time - upstairs at the Victory Cafe.

I don't have anything new for wayward armadillo press, but will have copies of dig.#11, and back issues available. I'm looking forward to seeing what new works other presses have on offer.

I'm feeling pretty stressed about how much is going on in the next few weeks: the press fair, four craft shows, a workshop Sandra and I are teaching, a stab at a grad school application, my own writing, hockey four nights a week, a job, and that holiday season stuff... but I'm sure it will all work out. It always does. I'm tired though!

But come out and visit the press fair tomorrow!

11am-5pm
Victory Cafe
581 Markham St. (south of Bloor, behind Honest Ed's)
Toronto

Cheers.

1 Comments:

At 8:48 p.m., Blogger Kate S. said...

I think you're right that splitting it into two days will mean that each press will get half the visitors that they would at a single day event. It seems likely that it will put a bit of a damper on attendance at the readings tonight as well with some of Sunday's participants home getting ready for tomorrow rather than on site and in the celebratory mood that the end of the fair brings on. I don't have time to go both days myself and so have opted to wait for Sunday's line-up. I look forward to catching up with you there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home