Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Well it wasn't a tie...

I said I didn't want our team to keep tying... Last night we broke our string of ties; we got killed. 5-1. What's that they say, "Be careful what you wish for"? At one point, our goalie (who made some great saves last night) dropped her stick and I'm pretty sure the centre on the other team KICKED it a little further away. I wasn't the only one who saw this. Now I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure that's dirty. But the guys don't call too many penalties in the women's league. 'Cause, you know, girls are all nice all the time...

A rather amusing moment of the evening, I'd say, was one gal's anecdote of her recent game at McCormick, waiting for her designated changeroom to free up from a previous game. Her husband said that there was still one guy in there, and when he named him as a certain media personality, she busted on in anyway...! And recounted that he seemed to be recovering from his game, alone, after his teammates had since dressed and gone home...

Yeah, back when I practically lived at the Rhino, and after a former roommate played on the Parkdale Pocupines, I used to try to insinuate myself into the Exclaim hockey league, at times drunkenly, and thus no, no one ever called me as a sub or anything. They did put me on the email list though. But it's just not the same! Then again, I certainly have more than enough ice time these days.

I wonder if Andrew and his pals still play with the Porcupines.

Ok, more obsessing about writing, less about hockey. Damn addictive personality...

Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home