Sunday, April 29, 2007

Kate Sutherland and Stuart Ross' book launch

On Sunday, April 22 Kate and Stuart launched their new books together at Clinton's Tavern. Kate's is a new short story collection called All In Together Girls (Thistledown Press) and Stuart's is a collection of poems called I Cut My Finger (Anvil Press). Both writers gave great readings from their books, really engaging, they sold lots of copies. After the reading, Eric Bridenbaker played an acoustic set of his songs, and then much carousing ensued.

The launch was packed, and it was great to see so many familiar faces. I enjoyed hosting the event, but the only drawback is that when I host a reading, I find it harder to listen attentively to the readings, so I'm really looking forward to reading their two new books.

Here are some photos from the night. I can't seem to get the captions to appear beneath the photos, but there are shots of Kate, Stuart and Eric performing on stage, as well as me hosting (holding up copies of the books), social shots of Kate, Stuart, Alexandra Leggat, Bryan Muraki, Sandra Alland, and Jon Paul Fiorentino.


















1 Comments:

At 12:55 p.m., Blogger Kagemusha said...

Very nice pictures... I posted something on Kate's blog that was returned to me... I wonder what went wrong...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home