Saturday, September 08, 2007

I'm Back

It's been so long since I've posted on this blog that I forgot my login information. If you're still reading, sorry about being awol. Facebook has usurped blogging. They just make it so easy...

So I moved last week. I'm at College and Dovercourt, where I can walk everywhere I want to be. Tonight I'm perched amid a roomful of boxes, but the internet and espresso machine are operational, and I've unpacked the corkscrew - the important things. For those of who know me, email me if you want the new address. I'm too lazy or exhausted to send out a mass hey-I've-moved notification. I'm just using the cell phone, no land line, at least for a few months, then I'll reassess. I like text messaging.

I'm disappointed that Twang, CBC radio's new country show, is done. Okay, I only heard it once but I liked it, and was looking forward to it tonight, but apparently it was only on for the summer. Apparently it's no longer summer.

I haven't done much writing this summer. I made some real structural and plot progress on the novel in June, but then life got all in my face and ... well ... I'm looking forward to getting back on track with it this week. A couple different pals said they'd just finished their novels lately, and I felt like an asshole for not working harder. I'm thrilled for them though, congratulations! What an accomplishment! Right now, I can't even imagine a completed draft. Shit.

Gonna be a good hockey season though. I'm pretty excited about that. Right now I'm committed to hockey on Friday nights, Saturday nights, Sunday nights, and Monday nights from September to April. I might be over-extending myself. I might need the epsom salts. I might need a social life (wait, that's hockey). But it's great. I'm thrilled that Lynn coordinated a team for the Exclaim league and I'm on it, with some lovely people. That'll rock.

My best pal Jacqui and I are planning a trip to Portugal and Spain for a couple of weeks at the end of October. It's going to be gorgeous and amazing! Anyone reading this been there? Advice? Recommendations?

Otherwise, I've been listening to a lot of Amy Winehouse (don't listen to her in-laws or whatever, buy it!); it's a brilliant album. I also picked up the new MIA, which is cool but I think I like her debut better. We'll see.

Cheers.

1 Comments:

At 8:15 a.m., Blogger Kate S. said...

I'm glad that you're back blogging! I've been neglecting my blog somewhat for Facebook as well. Damn that addictive Scrabble! But I'm going to make a concerted effort to maintain both properly now that the school year has started and I've got some kind of schedule going. Oh yeah, and the writing too. Perhaps we could resume our novel-accountability (aka lunch) meetings...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home